Saturday, May 22, 2010

Newly Restored Danish Table


Even though we love our elliptical "surfboard" table, it had lost it melamine veneer and the glue was rising to the surface. After all, my husband had scooped it up along with 4 fake Cherners for $50 in the early 90's.


We bought a 12 seater Danish table at Veteran's Stadium, Long Beach, $300 delivered! We were told it was teak, so we had a mind to refinish it 2 years later we took it apart and had Gavin at Grot look at it. "If I have to jump ship, I'll ring you," BH, I said as I handed him a pack of export Digestives for extra encouragement. A miracle ensued and voila we have a new table!

This is a beautifully engineered table. The top slides apart to reveal the stored leaves as the base remains stable, a great benefit to 50 somethings (ugh) with bad backs!

It's wider than our old table and I thought it would crowd the room. The test was my Mum's 70th birthday party. I temporarily separated my favorite (vintage by now, surely!) IKEA bookcases to fit the party of 13.


I like it!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin