Saturday, August 22, 2009

Side Project: Refurbishing my Robertshaw Oven and Stove

I spent the early morning grooving over a remodel of a ranch home on AT and Atomic Ranch today. The trend and poularity of stainless in the remodeled kitchen is almost becoming too mainstream for me. Putting in panels on the appliances that match the cabinets are a great idea! And, how about vintage? I thought about refurbishing my stovetop, but if I do, will it work in the remodeled kitchen? I went on line to do some searching. I can repaint the stove grates, replace the drip pans, rechrome the burner knob plates, and replace the knobs with classic reproductions.
I am also working on the Western-Holly Robertshaw oven. Because of the self-venting many of the clock/timer knobs have been burned by the heat and crumbled away. I could also use some racks for the broiler. I love the way this oven cooks. Although it is small, it cooks to perfection.
Look at this Roper oven. Please scroll down for the details! Check out the burner grates!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin